Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Moving On: the Progress Report

So we are finishing a townhouse in Daybreak, which is in South Jordan, UT. Here's the outside again...

P1090305_2

..turns out we will actually have a decent sized front yard and side yard which will definitely be fenced off. We want to have parties in this yard and allow Fiona some space to run around without biting people.

Here's the entry (Todd asked if he could be in the photos so I asked him to act out possible scenarios)...

P1090307

Here is Todd standing on the far side of the family room by the future kitchen counter. He's welcoming you in...

P1090308

Here is Todd doing some dishes...

P1090309

Here is Todd looking into the fridge...

P1090310

Here is Todd laughing at something funny you said over a delicious dinner in the dining room...(he's cutting his meat not riding a pony)...

P1090311

Here is Todd waking up in the morning in our lovely main floor bedroom...

P1090312

This is Todd in the shower, he really does this, he just stands there...

P1090313

Todd is so excited to go upstairs...

P1090314

He's standing in the corner of the loft, depressed already at all the bills he's going to pay from this spot in the house (the loft looks down onto the entry and also has a lot of nice windows, this is where I want to read books, and eat bon bons)...

P1090316

Here Todd looks out the window in a contemplative mood. He's deciding whether or not to let you stay here in the guest room...

P1090317

Here Todd is posing seductively in the "Carrie Office", he's practicing to seduce me away from my crafts for a moment... I think it's working ladies...

P1090319

I can see the temple spire and Moroni from my "office" window...

P1090321

And now for the exciting basement (that will stay unfinished for a while)... Todd said he was acting like Fiona, when she stares at you while half hidden by a corner... very creepy...

P1090322

Here it is in all it's glory... at least it's a decent size...

P1090323

If you're bad at my house, you will spend the night under the stairs...

P1090325

I am very excited to see the progress as they actually begin working on our space. I hope it won't be boring to share the progress with you. It will be consuming my thoughts and will be the source of most of my anxiety for the next month or two... stay tuned.

27 comments:

fattooth said...

For the record, I was pretending to cut up pony meat.

michaelstubbs said...

What does one do in the shower besides stand there? Jumping jacks?

This place looks great.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i would like to see a follow-up post with the same exact pictures once the place is done. minus anything involving the word "seduction".
excellent.

Theresa said...

lol! I love it! It's going to be great! are you seriously going to be done with it in 2 months? wow. Todd is a hoot btw!

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I love it! And I laughed the whole time at Todd. My favorite is the creepy Fiona staring picture. I can totally see her doing that!

Emma Jo said...

I am so excited for your beautiful new place and I love the tall windows downstairs. I feel as though I know Todd way more intimately than before. Heck yes post pictures of the progress, especially if it includes more of you and Todd being awesome and hilarious.

Steven Rosbach said...

Are these stills from a sequel to the Blair Witch Project? I want to see it. I hope the guy in the suit gets out alive.

By the way, the randomly generated blogger verification word that I have to type to post this comment is "thavab". Just something to ponder.

M-L said...

We will celebrate with you when you move in, with a 'pony casserole'. Todd I dare you!

fattooth said...

Only as long as its organic, grass-fed pony.

momofbeegees said...

Carrie...that is so exciting!! I wanna come see! I love going through people's homes!! I can't wait to see how you decorate it! My fav. part is the loft...so cute! I laugh when you mention your dog, cuz when we were at Rick's, you used to imitate your dogs voices. (like what they would sound like if they really could talk) So...does Fiona have an accent? Miss you!!

Julie said...

Such a thorough tour and I was not bored one bit. How fun to have a clean, fresh place to start all over with.

Abby said...

Todd deserves an emmy...or an oscar...or whatever it is they give. He was very convincing! Can't wait to see it! I can't believe you are really gone from the other place. It will be fun to come see you--I'd come to help you move but I come with two small tornadoes and an inability to lift pretty much anything. Can I come when it's all done and pretty? I hope you will get lots of help when you move--lots of help.

mo said...

Todd's expert enactment of your future domicile is indeed enlightening. I can picture it all perfectly. I could even tell it was pony meat. What an actor! Can't wait for more updates! My word verification is "spert", as in: Todd is an ex--spert in acting things out!

Lucky Mommy said...

That is so exciting and hilarious!

Cassidy said...

I totally miss you guys!! Great house! I'm so excited for you!

AnnaleeMG said...

It looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun!

Amy Lynn said...

Can't WAIT to start hanging out at your new place. Can I rent a chair in the loft? I promise to be quiet and clean up after myself. It is so pretty and so YOU! I love it.

JP said...

Todd is an excellent actor.

I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!

Tara said...

What did you promise Todd in exchange for his modeling gifts? He's remarkably minimalist yet expressive.

I think that lovely condo is going to be a very happy place.

J said...

Wow, what a great house. I love your view of the temple. I am excited to see all the progress of your house. Keep us posted. Todd, all I can say is that you are very silly.

Mary said...

yay! Its going to be so lovely! And the best part is your just right down the street from my sister so when I come to visit I can see you both!! so excited, keep sharing

Scott and Athena said...

YEAY!!! So, here is is almost 2 months since you've moved and I'm finally making some kind of contact. I'm sorry. I'm so excited for you and your new home! I can't wait to see more updates!
I hope all is well up north!
WE MISS YOU! LOVE YOU!

Carrie Anne said...

hahahahahaha! todd is SO RHODES!!! love it!!! i am so excited for you house...i know it's going to look amazing, of course!

Natalie said...

Carrie, I am laughing out loud after reading your post about Bell's Palsy, I just got home from the dentist, and have the same face. Freaky. :) I also loved your seam ripping story. Ha! Your new home looks fabulous! :)

jayna said...

k. i LOVE this post. my favorite picture (and one that warranted an audible laugh) is of Todd laughing at something funny said over dinner. i so miss you. please please please let's get together.

many hugs,
j

J said...

I am pretty sure you need another update...SOON! I bet you are busy with all of your projects but I would love to see any progress that you have made. I am so excited for you.

Theresa said...

You guys must be super busy with things! Can you give us an update on how you're doing!? I thought about calling you the other day for lunch but decided against it. I'm still not sure how close you are to where I work and I don't have a car. oh well. :)