Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Fond Adieu to the Big Red Star

After 14 months of good times, Macy’s and I will be parting ways. As part of the new restructuring, my store had to down-grade management, and as one of the younger managers there (longevity wise) I am out. This next week will be my last week.

I have had such a good experience with Macy’s. I will continue to be a loyal shopper (retaining my black “elite” card status), and might even consider part time employment in the future for fun money (and a discount!).

I really appreciate what Macy’s did for me personally and professionally but the timing could not be better. I have struggled with a “non-design” job for a little while, and I look forward to getting back to my artistic career (more about that when I know for sure!).

I will have the entire month of February off as I will be in between jobs, and I look forward to getting reacquainted with my blogging-buddies. One of the cons of retail is it’s irregular schedule leaves little room for anything else. I look forward to blogging, lunches, and home organization projects before it is back to the grindstone!

Let’s play!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in. Let's play.

Maybe we should plan a trip to Carmel...whatdya say?

love you.

Emma Jo said...

I was sad at first but now I think I feel worse for Dad who probably is losing sleep over it! I'm glad you get to relax a bit and concentrate on some "more enjoyable activities"...was that too much? Come play before someone else snatches your talent and time!!

Julie said...

I want to snatch your talent-- if I send you a picture of my windows in my living room, could you tell me what kind of treatment would look good??? (I am sooo serious-- I have NO expertise decorating and frankly no talent...) I would be willing to compensate you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I want that trip to Carmel!!! But what I really wanted to say is: did I see the word blogging in there? I miss yoU!

LC

Abby said...

I love that you're back--LOVE. I want you to come see me, but I can't compete with Carmel by the Sea (and Brittany's pretty great too.) I am so happy you got "laid off," and there are few circumstances where that would be appropriate to say!

Laura said...

We need to FINALLY take our friendship to the next level...I'm talking about pedicures and girl-talk while my kids are in school...plus all the "nitty-gritty" fodder about (endless material inserted here)...

Suzie Petunia said...

How did I miss all this? I check your blog everyday - we've never given up hope that you would one day return to the blogging fold. I'm sorry about the circumstances. When I prayed to ask God to make you start blogging again I didn't think He would make you lose your job just for my entertainment's sake. (Clarification: you losing your job = not entertaining. Your blog = entertaining)

OK, so maybe you can come play with me the week Zook will be out of town. Seriously. Lets chat.

mo said...

I was hoping to see more of you now but it looks like I will need to take a number and get in line!

kacy faulconer said...

That's right, Mo, Get in line! I for one couldn't be happier. Not only am I glad you don't work at Macy's, I hope you never, ever work anywhere (ever) again.

JP said...

I'm super excited about my favorite CA back to blogging!

Although, it seems as though I should take a number!

Glad you're back.