Sunday, October 30, 2005

Working Stiff

I have been an errant blogger. I apologize. I have been busy with my woman of leisure lifestyle, but that’s all coming to an end.

I got a job.

Because Todd has gone back to school, and I’m NOT pregnant, there is no good reason for me to “sit around the house eating bon-bons.” By they way, those are my quotation marks, not anyone else’s…

As we signed off on the first of two new $16,000 student loans, I decided to “take one for the team” and earn some moolah.

I needed a job that would keep me home (meaning in-state…better yet, in-town), a job that would be interesting, a job I didn’t have to take home with me, and a job that would make us some killer cash.

Done, done, & done…

I have been hired as the manager of the women’s Ready-wear department at Meier & Frank at the University Mall in Orem. Super exciting. I bought my “back-to-work” wardrobe, expensive shoes, and I will report to work at 8am sharp tomorrow morning. I am nervous because I have become accustomed to my ways (sleeping in, my exercising routine, my lunches with ladies, my whatever…).

Wish me luck. I am hoping that a new job provides me with lots of juicy blodder.

And now that our printer is working again, I will be able to upload some fun Halloween pics…so stay tuned folks…

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! And what is readywear?

Alice said...

Ohh... they are lucky to get you. Congrats on the new job I can't wait to hear all about it.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, Joe! I love you so! You do so much for meeeeee!

So happy to see a new post :) Good luck getting all those ladies all suited up in their "ready wear" gear. (Reminds me of EverReady batteries for some reason.) You'll be great!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! Let us know how your days are going.

Lisa M. said...

Oh congrats!

If I come in all in a muddle about my jeans, will ya help me out?

*chuckle*

Good for you. And I so wonder along with Marcy.. what the heck is "ready" wear.

I am SO lame in the "wear" department!

kacy faulconer said...

Poor Carrie--You work hard for da money.

Abby said...

I believe the term is "ready-to-wear." And it is just that--clothes that you buy off the rack, ready to wear--no alterations (like with fancy suits or gowns, etc.) I could be wrong...but I feel fairly confident in that explanation. Oh, you didn't ask me? Oops.
Carrie...I pray for your soul until the holiday season is over. I pray you will enjoy the season even a little (At least you aren't throwing up every day:)) And I KNOW you will be a natural at this job! I can't wait to see you in action! And I'm glad you really do make the effort to look professional and fashionable every day--being a retail executive is so wasted on those who are frumpy.

Anonymous said...

Dear me, I'm so grateful that there is an additional post that separates me from the "hair pictures."

(I honestly have no idea why those things got to me.)

Congrats and good luck...you are brilliant and will do well! I do hope the first week went well!

Emily said...

I couldn't have said that better, JP. I would brace myself for the hair pics every time I checked, and then fight back the heaving. Hair does that to me. Thank you for getting a job so I can look at something else. Good luck!

Hillary said...

congrats! Now I really will have to schedule an appointment to VT you.

Any employee discounts for blogging friends?

Carly said...

The problem with getting a job is that you actually then have to start working. I'm always thrilled about my jobs, but then I get really put out when I have to show up for my first day of work. But I'm sure you are doing just fine and when I come to Provo in December the women's readywear department will be my very first stop.

M.A. said...

congrats on the job.

I saw a woman at the mall today who made me think that she desperately needed someone to go with her and show her how to buy jeans. And of course, I thought of you.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, Joe... I miss you so... :(